Warranty Made Easy
- No need to register, your invoice/proof of purchase is all you need
- No cap on maximum LED burning hours per year
- Traditional light source luminaires: 2 years of warranty
1. The warranty for LED Products covers failures that are caused by proven defects in material and workmanship and exceed the nominal failure rate.
2. The luminous flux and performance are subject to a tolerance of ±10%.
3. Standard luminous flux, performance figures, lifespan data and warranty period are declared for an average ambient operating temperature of 25°C if not declared otherwise on the product data sheet.
This brochure is provided for general information only. Our Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale and our Warranty Policy apply. For more detailed information on Warranty conditions, exclusions etc. please see our luminaire document.
FEILO SYLVANIA provides Sylvania LED lamps in professional applications as listed in the table below “Products”)
FEILO SYLVANIA warrants that each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. This warranty policy only applies to the party purchasing the Products directly from FEILO SYLVANIA (the “Purchaser”) in its sales countries in Europe and the United Arab Emirates.
This Warranty policy contains the terms and conditions under which FEILO SYLVANIA, as a professional lighting solutions provider, undertakes to replace defective Products during the warranty period. For the purpose of this Warranty, a Product shall be considered to be defective when:
– it is not free from defects in material and workmanship OR
– the luminous flux of the Product decreases below 70%
(based on standard test conditions) of the luminous flux claimed on the packaging.
The warranty period starts on the date of the invoice and is either the period in years or burning hours, whichever comes first, in accordance with the table below:
Sylvania LED Lamps Warranty
This brochure is provided for general information only. Our Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale and our Warranty Policy apply. For more detailed information on Warranty conditions, exclusions etc. please see our LED lamp document.
WARRANTY POLICY- for Sylvania Gizmo Range
FEILO SYLVANIA provides Sylvania Gizmo battery operated products (the “Products”). FEILO SYLVANIA warrants that each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period.
This warranty policy only applies to the party purchasing the Products directly from FEILO SYLVANIA (the “Purchaser”) in its sales countries in Europe and the United Arab Emirates.
This Warranty policy contains the terms and conditions under which FEILO SYLVANIA, as a professional lighting solutions provider, undertakes to replace defective Products during the warranty period. For the purpose of this Warranty, a Product shall be considered to be defective when
- it is not free from defects in material and workmanship OR
- the luminous flux of the Product decreases below 70% (based on standard test conditions) of the luminous flux claimed on the packaging (other than due to any replaceable batteries).
The warranty period starts on the date of invoice and is either the period in years or burning hours, whichever comes first, in accordance with the table below:
Warranty – conditions
The warranty starts on the date of invoice and this warranty only applies for a defective Product during the warranty period provided the Product:
- was purchased on or after 1st September 2018 AND
- is applied within its intended purpose whereby:
- the operating conditions are in accordance with the information on the Product, packaging and data sheet;
- the operating temperature of the Product at the Temperature Point (“TP”) location specified on the datasheet never exceeds a value more than 10°C higher than the nominal TP specified in the datasheet;
- the relative humidity in the installation never exceeds 80% or never exceeds the Ingress Protection rating of the Product, if any is provided;
- temperature and voltage limits must not be exceeded (no mains connections, battery operation only);
- the Product must not be exposed to any mechanical or physical stresses, strains, drops or other damage that are not in accordance with its intended purpose and/or the chemical environment;
- the Product must not have been modified, altered, painted or otherwise chemically treated AND
- was properly installed and operated in accordance with FEILO SYLVANIA criteria specified on the Product data sheet, and existing installation.
This warranty does NOT cover the following:
- defective Product caused by drop, abuse, misuse, abnormal use, submersion in excess of any Ingression Protection rating, or acts of God
- costs or expenses made for removal or re-installation of the Products, unless local applicable laws require otherwise,
- sample Products
- failure caused by fire, flood or lightning strike of the installation
- indirect, special or consequential damages (such as but not limited to loss of revenue/profits or damage to property)
No implied or other warranties
With respect to products sold to the Purchaser by FEILO SYLVANIA but not bearing FEILO SYLVANIA name or sub-brands, FEILO SYLVANIA makes no warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, but will make available to the Purchaser upon request, but only to the extent permitted by law and relevant contracts, the warranties of the manufacturer of the relevant product.
The warranties and remedies contained in this warranty are the only warranties given by FEILO SYLVANIA with respect to the Product and are given in lieu of all other warranties, whether express or implied.
How to claim under the warranty?
To make a warranty claim, the Purchaser needs to notify and return the defective Product to its local FEILO SYLVANIA office. All claims must be made in writing within 30 days after discovery.
The Purchaser will be required to provide a documented record of the installation date, installation location and daily usage of the Product and the alleged failure. Further receipt, invoice or other proof of purchase will be requested to accredit the purchase and date.
FEILO SYLVANIA reserves and has the right to examine the Product to determine the cause of failure and patterns of usage.
If required a FEILO SYLVANIA representative shall be given access to the installation in order to be able to carry out the necessary quality inspections to determine the failure cause.
FEILO SYLVANIA reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
Where a warranty claim is justified:
- FEILO SYLVANIA will, at its discretion, repair or replace ONLY the defective Product or reimburse Purchaser the purchase price and FEILO SYLVANIA’s liability is strictly limited to this.
- The replacement Product will offer the same specifications as the original Product wherever possible. In case the defective Product is no longer available in FEILO SYLVANIA’s portfolio it will be replaced by the most similar product. A small monetary compensation might be requested from the Purchaser in case the replacement lamp offers a higher specification (more than 20% increases in luminous flux) than the defective one.
- FEILO SYLVANIA will bear all reasonable expenses for transportation or freight.
Where a claim is not justified under this Warranty policy:
- Feilo Sylvania may charge Purchaser for testing and handling costs associated with Products that are not found to be defective;
- Feilo Sylvania may at the option of the Purchaser return the Product to the Purchaser conditional on the Purchaser paying for any handling, packing, transportation or freight; or otherwise, dispose of the Product without refund or reimbursement. This warranty will not be valid for any returned Product.
This Warranty policy replaces the former warranty policy for Sylvania Professional LED Lamps (document version May 2014 and any versions prior to January 2019).
If any provision of this Warranty policy is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of this Warranty policy and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Warranty Policy shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the governing law of the Terms and Conditions of Sale of Feilo Sylvania relevant for the given geography. Exception should be applied in case Feilo Sylvania sells directly to a consumer, and the relevant consumer law specifies another mandatory governing law an/or exclusive jurisdiction for the case.